Skip to content

Chefs’ Deals Under Scrutiny

Somebody made this OPRA request. I’m sure it was out of more than a passing curiosity.

 

54 Comments

  1. Anonymous wrote:

    Recently I read on this blog what a great job governor DeSantis was doing. Still feel the same way? Covid out of control in Florida.

    Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:15 pm | Permalink
  2. admin wrote:

    You must have read it in the comments, not in a post.

    BTW, check this:

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

    NJ deaths 178 per 100,000 pop, Fla 27

    Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:23 pm | Permalink
  3. Anonymous wrote:

    Yes

    Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:48 pm | Permalink
  4. Anonymous wrote:

    Population of FL almost 3 times that of NJ.

    Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 10:22 pm | Permalink
  5. Anonymous wrote:

    How come no one is pointing out that now we have the capability of testing a lot more and tests were not scarce, if you only had the ability to test a limited amount of people ( March, April) You obviously limited the amount of positive testing, I.e. if 100 tests were all you had, but you had 500 people, the most positive testing you could have possibly had was 100 out of 500, not because 400 tested negative but because 400 were not tested.

    Now that tests are readily available, which is good because that should help things. The numbers are obviously going to rise. NJ and NY would have had higher numbers if they had the ability to test more in March and April. You can’t compare apples to oranges.

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 4:13 am | Permalink
  6. Average Joe wrote:

    #4 [;ease explain what you mean? And make an average intelligent statement at least

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 5:29 am | Permalink
  7. Tom Dilberger wrote:

    All NHL players tested negative for Covid-19. The Miami Marlins are shut down for positive Covid-19 tests on the team. What’s the difference. There are very few/if any Hispanics/people of color on any NHL roster, but many on the major league baseball rosters – what does that tell you? – it’s just elementary logic).
    ———————————–
    Awhile ago, the governor of Florida said the spike in Covid-19 cases was centered in the Hispanic population (he hasn’t said it since – I guess he was told not to say that again)
    ——————————
    My point is this. They “authorities” know, and have known all along that the covid-19 situation is mainly centered in three groups, old people in assisted living type places with preconditions/illnesses, minorities and foreigners/Hispanics, and the obese. Yet they went ahead and shut down the economy. It’s a hoax Ladies & Gentlemen and it’s fuels by the stinking “MEDIA” – stop watching the
    idiot box.
    ——————————–
    Lastly, everybody at my club loves my Lone Ranger mask.

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 6:18 am | Permalink
  8. Anonymous wrote:

    And the death toll continues to go up. Alarmists. Can it go down? Get a grip people. The virus is real but we need to slow the infection rate, the number that needs to be below 1. Stop the rioting and large party groups, those kids whom refuse to stop killing their parents and grandparents.

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 6:58 am | Permalink
  9. Chef's Owns Belmar wrote:

    Chef’s Intl seems to own Belmar, really sad.

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 7:25 am | Permalink
  10. Anonymous wrote:

    #7 I heard Marco Rubio on the news yesterday say the same thing about the Hispanic community, I was shocked for a second to finally hear people tell it like it was. I know he’s not the gov but thought you would be happy to know the fl senator was making the statement as recent as yesterday.

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 7:39 am | Permalink
  11. anonymous wrote:

    numbers have been off for a long time and they need to stop reporting positive cases of people that went to get tested and never did, yet receive a letter stating they tested positive. So numbers are not being reported properly. Political agenda!

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 8:13 am | Permalink
  12. Parking wrote:

    Is the Mini golf even open anymore or is that just wasted space that could be used for parking?

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 9:52 am | Permalink
  13. Anonymous wrote:

    7-Why are you wearing a Lone Ranger mask?

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 9:58 am | Permalink
  14. Anonymous wrote:

    No hoax, # 7…a group of lifeguards tested positive for covid19, and 15 graduating seniors from Manasquan HS tested positive. Also, children have tested positive. People of all ages, situations and circumstances are testing positive. The virus is extremely contagious, and many families have lost loved ones due to Covid 19. I repeat, Not A Hoax!

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 11:02 am | Permalink
  15. Eugene R Creamer wrote:

    #12 … now that the Borough has pay parking at the Marina … we can be sure that all tenants are searching the documents for FREE parking entitlements…

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 1:08 pm | Permalink
  16. Guest wrote:

    Why does the bait shop have 7 parking spots,reserved for only 15 min parking.

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 6:49 pm | Permalink
  17. Registered Democrat wrote:

    #6 because it makes sense kind of like two hour parking in the business district.

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 9:16 pm | Permalink
  18. 2nd Ave wrote:

    To the person who mentioned that people who didn’t get tested get positive results – that is because they left before getting tested, but after registering, and human error assigned their number to another individual. This does not increase the number, just misses the person who is really positive. The mess comes from the president’s refusal to implement a NATIONAL Plan for a NATIONAL crisis. We have an idiot in the White House. trump virus.

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 10:04 pm | Permalink
  19. Tom Dilberger wrote:

    #14 – Sir, you didn’t respond to what I said. Give me the results of CBA, St.Rose, Asbury Park HS’s, ect.
    ———————————–
    #18 – Sir, what is it with you people. Everything’s a mess now and you want to involve the Fed. govt.? The Fed. govt’s. the biggest bunch of imbeciles on the planet. I guess the dumb mess we’ve already got isn’t good enough for you.

    Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 5:59 am | Permalink
  20. Fisherman wrote:

    #16 Great question!! Ex Police Chief Palmisano thinks the marina is his own. All his junk vans are parked there 24/7. I’ve called the police and nothing gets done. Chief Scott is a do nothing Chief. My customers can’t park because of his special treatment.

    Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 7:26 am | Permalink
  21. Anonymous wrote:

    19-Why are you wearing a Lone Ranger mask? You didn’t respond to this question.

    Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 10:30 am | Permalink
  22. Anonymous wrote:

    #20 & #16—- are you serious, thats a good question? Its actually pretty simple and definitely a good idea, 15 minute parking by the bait shop, this way their patrons have a spot to go to, get what they need and get back out of the parking spot. If they were left unmarked with a few spots for that business, I would imagine it would lose patrons who would not want to find parking walk all the way to the bait shop and back with their items. Its not so scandalous, similar parking around town by businesses like the pharmacy, etc., and two hour parking. Between the marina, marina grill and 9th ave pier, the lot over there is often very full with people parked for multiple hours at a time. Not sure why this is so hard of a concept, seems fairly obvious of the reason. If that is the biggest problem or issue you can find we are having a great day.

    Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 11:12 am | Permalink
  23. Anonymous wrote:

    7, It seems you wish to minimize the devastating effects of Covid 19. The pandemic is worldwide, yet you claim a hoax is being perpetrated on the American people. Why don’t you go to the hospitals and ask for records as to how many people have been treated for the virus, or worse, succumbed to it. These are real numbers. And you have categorized those who you claim are ones susceptible to the virus. Anyone of any age or situation can get Covid 19. You are way off track with your thinking and claims about this virus.

    Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 12:28 pm | Permalink
  24. Fisherman wrote:

    #22 you just don’t get it. I’m down here every day. Parking is horrendous in the marina. Every customer to all boat owners are important. They ride around and around for parking and get frustrated and leave. Palmisano bait shop doesn’t need 7, 15 minute spots, 2 or 3 is sufficient. Plus his ratty vans parked there all the time. It’s not right. It’s my livelihood.

    Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:25 pm | Permalink
  25. Anonymous wrote:

    19.What question? No question asked for 14.

    Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 2:36 pm | Permalink
  26. Anonymous wrote:

    7. Why are you in denial about Covid 19? If you had a family member who became very ill with the virus, you wouldn’t post that this is a hoax. Why do you insist on making like this isn’t happening? Very hurtful to people who have lost loved ones to this virus. The Covid 19 is a reality, has taken lives of individuals of all ages and conditions , and you are being hurtful.

    Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 5:56 pm | Permalink
  27. Tom Dilberger wrote:

    #26 – Interesting reply but I must give a twofold (A&B) reply.
    ————————————-
    26A – The first is If you’re a lady. Madam, It is not my intention to be hurtful of a ladies feelings but you must should understand you’re on a discussion website. During discussions things are said to make a point. So, if you’re offended by the give and take of this website, you have options other than allowing your feelings to be hurt.
    —————————————
    26B – Sir, if you’re a male, then I’m saddened by your inability to look in depth at the subject under discussion. But I understand the position you find yourself in. You’re fighting between 26A’s viewpoint (brought on by her innate nature)and your own “viewpoint.” Your confusion is due to the new manner of living you exist in.

    Friday, July 31, 2020 at 5:42 am | Permalink
  28. Anonymous wrote:

    27-You never addressed the question-Why are you in denial of the facts? Why are you still calling Covid 19 a hoax? You cite “the New manner of living,” over and over, but you never explain what you mean by that. I’m well-aware the intent of the blog. Opinions and facts are separate entities. Facts prove the seriousness of Covid 19…your opinion doesn’t hold water. Your responses in # 27 are empty words. What’s your point? Very unclear message. So I have a right to respond on this blog, just as you do.

    Friday, July 31, 2020 at 11:19 am | Permalink
  29. Go fish wrote:

    Lets see a few photos of the vans that never move in the private bait shop parking spots.How much parking is in the bait shop lease?

    Friday, July 31, 2020 at 12:26 pm | Permalink
  30. admin wrote:

    If someone wants to send them to me I’ll publish them

    Friday, July 31, 2020 at 1:31 pm | Permalink
  31. Anonymous wrote:

    7, Why are you claiming that Covid 19 is a hoax?

    Friday, July 31, 2020 at 4:20 pm | Permalink
  32. Tom Dilberger wrote:

    #28 – I’m unable to respond until I know if you’re 26A or 26B?

    Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 6:21 am | Permalink
  33. Anonymous wrote:

    32-26B

    Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 10:59 am | Permalink
  34. Anonymous wrote:

    Why is there an illegally parked trailer in the Municipal lot taking up valuable parking spots and some commercial trailers also parked for years taking up valuable spots???

    Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 1:31 pm | Permalink
  35. Anonymous wrote:

    7-On the one hand, you call Covid 19 a hoax. On the other hand, you state that certain groups of people are susceptible to the virus. Contradictory, don’t you think? True. You do comment that the numbers of cases are not accurate, but you still admit that it is in fact real. So, in your opinion, what part of this is a hoax. What’s going on?

    Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 2:10 pm | Permalink
  36. watchman wrote:

    I will butt in here to say that the only matter that is at all “hoaxish” is the possibility of using a massive public health threat as a cover for a “duplicitous” plan by (insert which ever group or faction which may be designing some kind of takeover) and using the fear created globally, in this case, in the U.S.A., to make the population dependent upon the government, and thereby introduce socialism. E.g., give us money, give us food, etc. Was the virus introduced intentionally? That would have been a huge gamble, in my opinion, because its potential death sentence aspect could backfire. Anyway, that is my opinion, and I would not use the word “hoax” in this possible scenario. To be “hoisted by his/their own petard” might be more like it.

    Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 4:38 pm | Permalink
  37. Anonymous wrote:

    Undercover, cia, fbi?

    Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 6:17 pm | Permalink
  38. Tom Dilberger wrote:

    #35 – Not contradictory. Yes, there is an enhanced flu going around and it is affecting those groups I mentioned much more than the population at large. But the most important point is the death rate which as far as I know is somewhere around 1% of those infected and as of now the deaths are around 160k. So if that amount of people have died and they’re one percent of those infected, 30-40 million have had the Covid-19. The death rate is so low it’s absolutely ridiculous to shut the entire economy down as was done.
    ————————————-
    There’s something else going on here though. We’re seeing what years of conditioning has done to our population. The vast majority of our leadership at all levels is made up of those people who would only perform the lowliest situations in a normal society. These people have been put in office by a populace which has been reduced to, intellectually, not much above slow or retarded by the “educational system,” massive propaganda from main stream media and governmental interference in every day life of the citizenry.
    ———————————–
    The hoax itself is the way the population is manipulated to accept this absurd fable as fact and submit to this disgraceful suppression of their rights (two gym owners down in south Jersey are resisting).
    ———————————
    Lastly, let me put my foot in my mouth entirely. Since young men have been reduced to quasi-womanhood (not every last one of them of course) the genie of feminism has escaped the bottle and is running riot through the society. If our society is to have any chance of survival, a way must be found to put that genie back in that bottle. Unfortunately, I can’t think of any other way of doing it other than a bloodletting (Thomas Jefferson had something to say about revolutions every 20 yrs. or so)
    ————————————
    #’s 36&37 – Both very possible concepts. But direction of the fbi or cia is coming from somewhere else.

    Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 5:37 am | Permalink
  39. Anonymous wrote:

    Ridiculous (38) No other word to describe the comments in 38.

    Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 2:16 pm | Permalink
  40. Tom Dilberger wrote:

    Sir, It doesn’t matter what you say, “ridiculous” of not, nobody believes the hoax.

    Hundreds gather for secret rave under NYC’s Kosciuszko Bridge

    By Elizabeth Rosner

    Hundreds gather for secret rave under NYC’s Kosciuszko BridgeHundreds gather for secret rave under NYC’s Kosciuszko BridgeHundreds gather for secret rave under NYC’s Kosciuszko BridgeHundreds gather for secret rave under NYC’s Kosciuszko BridgeHundreds gather for secret rave under NYC’s Kosciuszko Bridge

    August 3, 2020 | 2:53am | Updated

    Enlarge Image
    Rave under Kosciuszko Bridge.

    A rave held under the Kosciuszko Bridge.

    Monday, August 3, 2020 at 6:09 am | Permalink
  41. Anonymous wrote:

    49-Everyone knows how dangerous And widespread the pandemic is. Also, for #38, why are you judging the intelligence of people? What exactly is your point? What is the meaning of your comments about men? What position are you in to decide that people in general are stupid (?).

    Monday, August 3, 2020 at 9:18 am | Permalink
  42. Anonymous wrote:

    40-Everyone know how dangerous and contagious the virus is- no hoax.

    Monday, August 3, 2020 at 10:36 am | Permalink
  43. Tom Dilberger wrote:

    #41 – What position are you in to decide that people in general are stupid (?)
    —————————————-
    My only “credentials” for such a “decision”
    is experience and logic. Any normal man of my age (those of us that aren’t dead or around the bend) sees vast majority of our young are dumb – but not dumb in the usual sense of the word. They’re dumb because they’ve been conditioned to be that way through their “education” and massive amounts of ongoing propaganda, being raised by women in and out of the home (through tv, entertainment, sports, and seldom leaving the house). That is why it’s so easy to put this hoax over on them.
    ———————————-
    But as I say, it’s not every last one of them of course. You see that type of person as well and it’s easy to tell (by the naked eye) the difference between the unkempt, fat, vapid, lout and the really sharp young person, male & female – like night and day.

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 5:29 am | Permalink
  44. Anonymous wrote:

    43-How would you improve the education system? Please don’t repeat climbing trees and skimming stones, and separate learning environments for boys and girls, as you’ve posted in the past. Our education system of today has turned out mostly successful people who have achieved professional standings, charitable positions, and positions of influence. How many young people do know personally to back up your claims? Every young person in my family ( there are many) and their friends ( there are many) are fantastic people who have great jobs, do for their families and others. Where are you getting factual information to support your ideas about education and young people?

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 12:49 pm | Permalink
  45. Average Joe wrote:

    #44. Look at the riots as an above average example

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 2:20 pm | Permalink
  46. Summer Timer wrote:

    #43…. Tom is 1000% correct about the youth of America being indoctrinated by the liberal public schools… This is fact just look at all the propaganda feed to students in grade school, highschool and college… My children are conservatives and at college one was screwed by a liberal political science teacher because of comments made… I reviewed all assignments handed in for the class and at a minimum a “B” grade should have been awarded… However because of different political views a “C” was given… Public schools are poisoning the youth of America… Tom calls it a different way of living, I call it liberal indoctrination….

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 5:47 pm | Permalink
  47. Anonymous wrote:

    My child should have been a starter on the basketball team but the dumb coach was biased against her. Happens all the time!

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 7:06 pm | Permalink
  48. Tom Dilberger wrote:

    The only reason I brought up “education”/conditioning is to point out that the young adults are fully propagandized to accept the government hoax of this covid-19 malarkey (shutting down the entire economy). There is a lot more here than a stupid illness. Just wait for the other shoe[s] to drop.

    Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 5:32 am | Permalink
  49. Anonymous wrote:

    48-What other shoe is to drop? I’m not a young person-well up there in years. No propaganda here. The virus is not a hoax. All of the people I know who are my age and older know the Covid 19 virus is a real threat to our well-beings. How can this be a hoax if people are dying because of the virus? Why are you unable to accept this? Older folks, as well as younger folks get it. Why can’t you?

    Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 1:50 pm | Permalink
  50. Clarification wrote:

    Clarification for 49. Other people get it-meaning other people understand it, not referring to the virus. Why don’t you? Meaning why don’t you understand it? ( that Covid 19 is real-not a hoax).

    Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 4:41 pm | Permalink
  51. Tom Dilberger wrote:

    #’s 49&50 – Sirs, refer to my #7 post. The hoax is in the shutting down the near entire economy for the death rate of .000% something or other. Like I said, it’s a test of how stupid the younger people are. They just want to see if all their conditioning over the years has worked. It look like it has worked very well, especially of course on the women who’re completely freaked out as we all know women can be from time to time if not led well.
    ———————————–
    Support those two gym owners down in Bellmawr, N.J. – two good guys.
    ————————————
    Please turn off the idiot box, tape a dollar to it and put it out for the garbage men.

    Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 5:30 am | Permalink
  52. Summer Timer wrote:

    #49 & 50….. Every year 650,000 people die from cancer from product that trigger a genetic marker…. Its the same number 650,000 that die from heart disease, can I please have a whopper and SUPPER SIZE IT…. And the wrost of them all 1.3 million die in auto accident each year… Hey Jack A## on the GSP that just passed me doing 100 mph please slow down… Yes it is terrible when a person is taken from us but this disease has taken 150,000 when compared to other life taking events it is not overwhelming….

    Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 9:52 am | Permalink
  53. Anonymous wrote:

    52Let’s not downplay the impact this pandemic is having on society. The contagion part of this is of great concern. The illnesses you listed don’t fall in this category of contagion. While serious and devastating, heart disease and cancer aren’t known to be contagious. Comparing the numbers of deaths brings little comfort to those who are suffering from Covid 19, nor does it ease the pain of families who have had loved ones die due to the virus. What medical experts are telling us is that we can help ourselves by wearing masks and social distancing. Part of the country’s shutdown has to do with preventing the virus from traveling from one person to another. Very reasonable and well-meaning. Minimizing and comparing numbers of deaths from Covid 19 with devastating illnesses doesn’t help anyone.

    Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 1:10 pm | Permalink
  54. Summer Timer wrote:

    #53… The so called medical EXPERTS (I love when someone is an expert) have been WRONG about numerous issues, to many to list…. NJ has had approximately 190k confirmed coronavirus cases to date… If you review the random sample testing conducted by various states the data indicates that the positive cases are actually 10x that of confirmed cases… This means 1.9 million NJ residents most likely have already been exposed to the virus… So what does this mean… At this time both NJ and NY are benefiting from herd immunity, considering this area was hit first… Therefore herd immunity, Therapeutics, vaccines and isolating the vulnerable population is the answer at this time…. Shutting down the economy is absolutely the wrost solution as it will be more devastating than the virus…

    Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared.