Skip to content

Two Ways To Help People With Their Taxes

Claire’s way: ┬áPromote at the council meetings a workshop put on by the state to help people fill out the forms and figure out how much they need to pay.

My way:  Cut them!

7 Comments

  1. claire deicke wrote:

    The tax-free assitance programs are being held at Monmouth County libraries…..last I heard the Board of Chosen Freeholders is made up of all Republicans……the party you have chosen to be a member of……I intend to let this Freeholder board know, and local Rebulicans know what your stance is regarding programs sponsored by these libraries that are under the authoreity of your Republican friends…….Claire

    Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 7:18 pm | Permalink
  2. admin wrote:

    Please do. The Republicans should be cutting taxes, not telling us how to pay them.

    Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 8:05 pm | Permalink
  3. claire deicke wrote:

    You are now a registered Repbulcian, are you not?? Oft times, people of your party affiliation support residents in many ways…..perhaps you’re hooked up with the wrong group….how could anyone be against a program that assists indivudals who need help filling out forms required by the government??

    Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 8:49 pm | Permalink
  4. admin wrote:

    If you’re making enough money that you have to pay taxes and fill out the forms then you can afford to go to a tax preparation service or use Turbo-Tax like Karen and I do. I suppose you think that these outfits should go out of business because the government should do it for free. Actually I think they should go out of business too, but because the tax code is made so simple that nobody needs them anymore.

    Our complicated and at times incomprehensible tax code didn’t just fall from the sky. It was written by and imposed on us by government. Saying that we should be grateful for help filling out their forms is like saying that if someone breaks your leg you should be grateful if he lends you a pair of crutches for a couple of weeks. Forgive me if I’m not sufficiently thankful for their help, even if it is from a different branch of the government. And apparently you don’t share my opinion that taxes are too high and that tax cuts would really help people.

    As far as your advice that I leave the Republican Party, are you saying that simply because I think that it’s not proper for local gov’t to give free advice on Federal taxes and that I would prefer that they worked on cutting the taxes they impose, that I have no business being a Republican and should be exiled to the political wilderness?……..Are you trying to get rid of me, Claire?

    Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 5:18 am | Permalink
  5. claire deicke wrote:

    My implication was that you don’t go aling with Repbulican party precepts,….your party oft times offers help to people in a variety of ways….such as county health programs,etc……whether you are a Republican or not is of no consequence to me….my responses have to do with you using my name, or incorporating me with negative comments about the sitting Democrats in Belmar…I’ll offer my opinions and perceptions….that’s my right, isn’t it?

    Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 11:49 am | Permalink
  6. admin wrote:

    Of course Claire. I have a right to criticize your actions as a public official and you have every right to respond. While I have no legal obligation to allow you to respond on this blog, I would certainly never stop you from doing so.

    Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 11:56 am | Permalink
  7. claire deicke wrote:

    Criticize?? How about your remarks about
    me “needing a thicker skin?” (last year-on your Jan. 2012 blog)….that’s personal…….you don’t know me…..or what my life is….I react the way I do because of who I am……”well, Claire was Claire….she really needs a thicker skin”…” who are you to judge? I’ve refrained from stating how I disagree with everything you stand for…. I am who I am…….I like being me……please refrain from your personal attacks…..my family found these remarks inappropriate, distasteful, and disrespectful…..you threw down the gauntlet……not me…”

    Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared.